The Old Bus

The Christian School of Wilkinsburg was begun by concerned parents at the Covenant Orthodox Presbyterian Church. These parents saw a need for providing a highly academic school option within the confines of a reformed Biblical perspective. The congregation began the Christian School of Wilkinsburg in the fall of 1953 to meet those needs.

The school began with 49 kindergarten students, and grew approximately one grade per year over the next decade. By 1960, enrollment reached 140 students in kindergarten through 6th grade. The school then added a middle school and celebrated their first 8th grade graduation in 1969.  In 1977, after relocation, the school changed its name to Trinity Christian School.

Old Classroom

Trinity continued to add grades and celebrated their first 12th grade graduation in 1983. In the 1990’s, enrollment exceeded 300 students. Trinity implemented the classical education model in the late 1990’s, further enhancing their rigorous academics. This goal of this model is to instill a life-long love of learning and to graduate students that are eloquent and persuasive communicators. Last year Trinity implemented an International Student Program, and currently has seven foreign students enrolled. As of the 2013-14 school year, our 60th year, we have approximately 300 students enrolled. The student body represents over 90 churches and over 15 Christian evangelical denominations.

 
Request Info or Schedule a Tour
 
 
Joomla 1.5 Templates by Joomlashack